cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

S20 Ultra charing issues

Recently, my s20 ultra is having some strange changing issues. Slightly disappointed, since the phone was so expensive and they've already had focusing issues. When I plug it in, it switches rapidly between charging and not charging. If I'm lucky, some days, I can get it to slow charge. But it won't fast charge at all anymore via the cable and I'm using a Samsung certified 40w fast charger. It even happens when wireless charging, although, I can get that to work and charge the phone up. It will fast charge wirelessly, but it sometimes does the same thing. Rapidly charges and then not charges, like super rapidly. I don't know what is going on and Verizon told me to factory reset the phone, but that makes 0 sense. I don't want to lose everything and start new. What could be the issue? 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: S20 Ultra charing issues

Hey, I experience the same issue. But it doesn't do the Off and On thing at the moment (have experienced that on a past device) mine does not fast charge at all... I've done all the steps on videos from YouTube and everything. I can only plug the charger in one way. It doesn't make sense. I have had the same issue on my last 3 Galaxy devices. Thinking about leaving Samsung due to these kind of issues.
Asteroid

Re: Re: S20 Ultra charing issues

Exact same issue! I can only plug it in one way, one side will sometimes fast charge it and the other side will never fast charge it. It doesn't seem to me it can be a hardware issue, if the charger sometimes works facing a certain way and sometimes doesn't the other way.
Constellation

For my Note 20 ultra I can get super fast charging working again if I power cycle and volume up and power button on my phone to blue screen, clear my cache partition, and load up. Now don't plug in your phone yet! first go to device care and toggle the fast charging options off, than perform a restart by holding the power button and power button until the screen turns black. when your device boots on go back to device care and toggle the fast charging options on again. plug in and see if it works.

you should download samsung members app and submit a ticket.

Asteroid

Re: Re: S20 Ultra charing issues

Do you just go around leaving tons of comments saying submit a ticket? lol. I've done that, and I've reported the issues to my carrier. This isn't helpful at all.