cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

S20 Ultra does not fast charge or superfast charge anymore

Hi,

Last night I noticed that my S20 Ultra took quite some time to charge (more than 2 hrs from 30%).

I checked to see the charge status and confirmed it was only doing the standard "cable charging".

I have checked the charge settings and have confirmed that both "fast charge" and "super fast charge" have been enabled. 

I have tried the charger on an old S10 and have been able to get fast charge working on that phone with the same cable and charger.

I have tried an alternate samsung fast charger and still get the standard cable charge. 

I have also tried restarting the phone, clearing the cache partition, restarting in safe mode and toggling fast and super fast charge on and off. The charge port is also clear of debris.

Fast wireless charge also does not work

Does someone know how to get  the fast charge to work again?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S20 Ultra does not fast charge or superfast charge anymore

Same issue,  it both super fast and fast charged 2 nights ago and now nothing.  I can fast wireless charge though and all my connections are clean and charger is OK.   I used a older fast charger and still a slow charge on that too.

Highlighted
Constellation

Try the new update, seemed to just clear my issue up

Highlighted
Asteroid

My phone is fully up to date. Checked this morning too

Highlighted
Astronaut

I am seeing the same issue with my S20. Had a fast charger from a previous phone and the super fast charger that came with my s20 and both are recognized as normal chargers now. Phone is fully up to date.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Not sure what's happening... super fast charge randomly started working and then it stopped again

As a long time Samsung Galaxy S user the S20 Ultra i have had has been plagued with problems (from green screen, blurry camera, hot battery, phone randomly opening apps and weblinks on its own to this fast charge issue) and for what it cost this is an unsatisfactory experience 

Highlighted
Galaxy

On other Galaxy S models with the Exynos processor (international models), I've heard of fast charging quit working after a while. 

Is yours a US model with the Snapdragon processor?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Sadly its the Exynos model (ordered from Samsung Australia store)

Bit concerning seeing the phones only lasting a few months...

Highlighted
Supernova

@user3iH5nDrRAe @userhvwskI3kjH @userOKcPohzwnw 

Some routine troubleshooting may help here:

If one of these steps above help, let us know here and select this post as the solution.

Make sure when charging to use a supported Samsung charger that works at the level you are expecting: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078994/

--

Did this reply help? Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 

Note: notification emails sent from this post are from a DO NOT REPLY address. You will need to login to the Samsung Community to respond to this thread.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have done all this and yet the problem is persisting.

The charger and cable are the original that came out of the box and work perfectly fine on another Samsung phone. 
I also havent installed any new apps for the past few months....

@JohnLoose wrote:

@user3iH5nDrRAe @userhvwskI3kjH @userOKcPohzwnw 

Some routine troubleshooting may help here:

If one of these steps above help, let us know here and select this post as the solution.

Make sure when charging to use a supported Samsung charger that works at the level you are expecting: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078994/

--

Did this reply help? Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 

Note: notification emails sent from this post are from a DO NOT REPLY address. You will need to login to the Samsung Community to respond to this thread.