cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

S20 Ultra front camera lag

Hi guys, I bought s20 Ultra in april, and to be honest I dont use the front camera alot, but the other day I took the phone to snap a photo with my friend and I pressed the button to snap it. but it did not respond, I was having my gloves on so I thaught ok, I need to press aggain so I did. and nothing hapened for a few seconds and then Camera took a photo. then later on I went to investigate what is hapening. 
So every time the selfie camera is moved, I have to leave it for couple of seconds without moving so it can focus. every litle move takes it out of it and it has to do it again.
Sometimes even after waiting for focus Camera takes 3-5 seconds to take a snap after presing the buton. 

I went to 2 Samsung services, they ren diagnostics and there was no isue with diagnostics, however when compared to other S20 ultra, it is huge diference, mine still takes alot of time to snap the photo. 

system was already updated before going to any of the services. 

I was wondering am I the only one having the isue?
Did anybody have this and managed to solve it ? 

thanks and stay safe lads. 

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: S20 Ultra front camera lag

My wife had a similar issue with the back camera and I had to back up all the info in Samsung cloud and factory reset it. There is another thing you might be able to try and thats to clear the cache and see of that helps.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hey there, how do you clear the cache exactly? Factory reset did nothing for me unfortunately.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Turn off your phone, when you turn it back on keep pressing the power and the volume up. You will have a different screen and scroll down with the volume buttons, you will be able to wipe cache partition. The phone will restart after. It will not reset any settings so don't worry about that

Highlighted
Asteroid

Can you check what is the latest update on your wifes phone? @Babbuino 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Atf1, if you don't have that update, the easiest way is to try a friend's sim card and check if you can download the newest update with their carrier. After you update the phone, you can change back to your sim and won't lose the update. I had to force change it with #*272# and the imei number, I found online and using the sprint carrier it worked. Sadly this is the carriers problem not to release the updates quickly not samsungs

Highlighted
Asteroid

arghhhh. Clearing the camera cache did not solve the isue :'(

Highlighted
Constellation

I have exactly the same experience with my galaxy s20 ultra, sadly. 

Is the factory reset the only solution? 

Did it work for you? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

hey there, I tried factory reset and tried updating the phone to latest updates (done by samsing service center) nothing worked. Last time I spoke to service center they said there will be an update on 24th of June in the region I am at. And this one will solve the issue woth the front camera. If nothing hapens till tomorrow I am going to Service cebter and try to get a new phone instead of this one. 

Highlighted

Tap to focus before taking the shot fixes it, I have told Samsung about the issue who said they would escalate it to the relevant department, so we'll just have to wait for a fix, but for now tapping first works