Original topic:

S20 Ultra not receiving calls

(Topic created: 05-25-2020 01:53 AM)
userJmvrAskEUn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi

I am really annoyed with this phone for the price.

Great for internet etc, but wont receive calls constantly have to restart it, then its fine for 10 mins and drops again. I am with Spark NZ definitely no account problem and others in my house have no issues. SIM works fine in my S9.

Who wants to turn their phone on and off every 15 mins? Callers either get a message saying call person you called cant be reached, or it goes to voicemail. Samsung you need to do a bug fix for this !!. Seems to be a common problem across many carriers

79 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20

Just got my phone back from service today - they couldn't find anything wrong with my device. Talking to a few of the reps at Spark NZ, most seem to have had many complaints about the same issue with the whole S20 range. Looks like no-one knows what to do!

0 Likes
userEB1IryGF3N
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

was this issue solved ? I am disgusted with samsung. I followed everything that the so called solutions told me to do. I got a new sim card, i made sure settings was correct (they were).

I have to restart my phone so i can receive text message and to see my missed calls. Paying this sort of money for a high end phone that can not receive a phone. What an absolute joke. This needs to be sorted samsung.!!!!

userJmvrAskEUn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi

No its still not resolved, Spark in NZ are reporting lots of Samsung S20 users with the same issue, some have had phones sent in to be looked at, but come back with no detectable fault. I have escalated this to the NZ Samsung CEO and asked him to read this thread and push for a solution. No response yet but its only been a few days. Perhaps we should all email or get it to the media...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20

No still nothing. Here with S20 Ultra 5G 512GB that i preordered. It's definetly not okay what samsung did. For a 1400$ phone, to not be able to receive calls while on wifi is just disgusting. I am looking for a quickest bux fix or whatever, or im just going to return the phone and get my money back somehow. Carefully consider buying samsung next time. They are going to lose a lot of people with this. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20

Not sure. The shop re-flashed my phone's software, so i'm currently testing it out. Will report back in a week if anything changes!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20

Never mind - issue happened again this evening... Will be logging an escallation with Samsung for this one (as I purchased the device directly through them).

userQq3z1xeU37
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi, 

I have experienced the same issue while the wifi activated. Yet, today,  following the software update by Samsung, I have found that the VoLTE option is available and activated the same as before in my S10+, and all works fine now for me even while the wifi enabled.

I hope you all will receive this update soon.  (note the software update  received in a Middle East country) 

0 Likes
userEE9LTGAFSA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi,

I don't think you had the same issue and maybe did not understand you completely.

The issue in this thread has nothing to do with VoLTE option. And this thread is not about S10+.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20

What software update version are you running? 

0 Likes
uservBN8stLTNm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have just finished a live chat with Samsung support.  They acknowledge that this is a known problem with the S20 range  and a fix is being developed that will hopefully be ready early next month.  (I am on Spark NZ with a Vodafone NZ variant S20+)