Original topic:

S20 Ultra not receiving calls

(Topic created: 06-03-2020 10:27 PM)
userJmvrAskEUn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi

I am really annoyed with this phone for the price.

Great for internet etc, but wont receive calls constantly have to restart it, then its fine for 10 mins and drops again. I am with Spark NZ definitely no account problem and others in my house have no issues. SIM works fine in my S9.

Who wants to turn their phone on and off every 15 mins? Callers either get a message saying call person you called cant be reached, or it goes to voicemail. Samsung you need to do a bug fix for this !!. Seems to be a common problem across many carriers

79 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20

Great news! Thanks for letting us know. Would be great if they made a public acknowledgement for those of us who're currently stuck with this problem 😕

userT2O0Ekgjaz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the same problem with S20 (not ultra) have tried everything, contacted operator to troublefix  etc. And now it seems that this is a problem Samsung has known for long time. (I'm in Finland.)

How is it possible that phone that costs over 1000 euros is not able to receive calls? I requested the phone as my company phone and there have been many situations where important clients have been unable to contact me so this is seriously problematic for me.

Samsung you need to fix this ASAP! I'm currently seriously thinking of returning the phone and getting some other phone - I don't think I have ever been so disappointed to phone as I have been with S20. Calls not coming through, battery is absolutely poor etc.

Samsung - you have to get your quality assurance process working! Flagship models cannot be this abysmal!

0 Likes
userNN3h0YNH7z
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Just curious if it matters, what's the firmware version everyone is currently on that has the issue?

I'm on ATD3, and I am PRAYING that the latest ATE6 firmware update will solve the issue.

0 Likes
Marty_NZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I can confirm TE6 does NOT resolve this issue.

Samsung need to do better on this. As consumers we have an expectation a device such as a mobile phone will be reliable. This is clearly not the case. THe issue is appearing globally and there is nothing from Samsung on this

I'm a corporate buyer with a fleet of around 200 mobiles. We will not be purchasing even one more Samsung device until there is an official statement regarding this from Samsung.

userTTISDSTar3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same problem with my Galaxy S20 Ultra, I'm from Mexico.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20

Just talked to another Spark NZ rep. From what they've told me, it seems they've made an acknowledgement to the carriers and are aware that this is a global issue. I guess they're trying to avoid making this a public PR disaster...

0 Likes
userDjlLcgwlsu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Spark Nz have denied to me this is a problem and have taken my phone away to be fixed for  4 weeks. Im assuming they will hope for a fix from samsung in that time. Online Spark admitted there was a problem but my spark business manager and the spark team on the phone are walking around like headless chickens with zero knowledge (and care) on the subject. Will be interesting if my phone will come back fixed... highly doubt it.

userjJGKXyxEqI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same problem with my Galaxy S20 Ultra, I'm from Malaysia. Changed to Esim also not fix. hard reset & soft reset also not working. i already gaveup, feel like want to sell this phone.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20

Maybe Spark and the other carriers are waiting this one out, hoping Samsung releases a fix shortly so they don't have to facilitate mass refunds? Would suggest trying to make a case based on the NZ CGA, but seen this is for business, I don't think that applies... Smiley Sad

0 Likes
user0vJdyxIT5d
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have same problem with S20 5G  in Ireland. Problem persists with a different sim card. I cannot receive calls intermittently but I can call outgoing numbers. 

0 Likes