Original topic:

S20 Ultra not receiving calls

(Topic created: 02-13-2021 05:04 AM)
userJmvrAskEUn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi

I am really annoyed with this phone for the price.

Great for internet etc, but wont receive calls constantly have to restart it, then its fine for 10 mins and drops again. I am with Spark NZ definitely no account problem and others in my house have no issues. SIM works fine in my S9.

Who wants to turn their phone on and off every 15 mins? Callers either get a message saying call person you called cant be reached, or it goes to voicemail. Samsung you need to do a bug fix for this !!. Seems to be a common problem across many carriers

79 Replies
userQ8AAsKq2kr
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same trouble exists whilst the smartphone is on secure greater (attempted it after request from Samsung Greece). I modified the SIM however i read some best guides  I nonetheless have the equal problem. I sent it again to Samsung who could not reflect the hassle, essentially because it takes place while the cellphone isn't in use.

0 Likes
ailec
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm confused, maybe someone can help with my dilemma. So my Galaxy S20 (new) will ringing someone is calling but I can't answer it, it just rings, then stops after 5 or 6 rings. my phone never lights up and it doesn't show up on my call history. There like ghost rings, anyone else having problems?
IllNameThisLater
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

"if" your wifi calling is on, turn it off. It's usually on by default in my experience. Try that 

0 Likes
userNKf6mqvYMx
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

So that's what i've discovered - when you switch to 3G everything works fine in my case, not depending on WiFi. Contacting Optus or Samsung doesn't make any sense. Samsung offers bringing phone to service centre but as it was already stated here - they return it with no result.

So all i have to do is wait for new updates and sit on 3G.

0 Likes
surfbaby
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
same problem. if samsung doesn't address this, my next phone will be iPhone.i can't put up with shelling out $1000+ For a phone that doesn't work.
usersEQqFCzmpR
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi there

Not sure if you have resolved this, I had same issue.

I have fixed it by going to phone icon, going to setting, then supplementary setting and going in to call forwarding. I found that my phone for some reason was programmed to forward all calls to voicemail, I disabled this and am back to normal.

Good luck

0 Likes
userHYv3pR3esC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

So this issue has been going on for almost a year and still not fixed?!!

Having these same issues with calls and texts on an S20 FE that I recently got for my mother.  Samsung blames it on a signal issue with our carrier (T-Mobile) but it would appear that definitely is not the case.

What is going on with the S20??? | T-Mobile Community (t-mobile.com)

Gio7707
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

yup looks like it could be a Samsung issue, very disturbing that the company never even sent a response or solution to this problem, when asking Tmo if they had any issues with the galaxy S20 I always was answered that they had no issues so far.

It seems weird to me but it looks like there is a heavy bug in the S20 , and Samsung knows about it, the software updates until now didn’t fix it. So this should be monitored closely and more people should push about this. It’s not acceptable to have an expensive phone that keeps dropping calls !! 

Something is wrong for sure 

Gio7707
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

anybody has success in contacting Samsung about this issue ??

https://community.t-mobile.com/network-coverage-5/problems-with-galaxy-s20-5g-34676

0 Likes