Original topic:

S20 Ultra not receiving calls

(Topic created: 04-07-2020 08:06 PM)
userJmvrAskEUn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi

I am really annoyed with this phone for the price.

Great for internet etc, but wont receive calls constantly have to restart it, then its fine for 10 mins and drops again. I am with Spark NZ definitely no account problem and others in my house have no issues. SIM works fine in my S9.

Who wants to turn their phone on and off every 15 mins? Callers either get a message saying call person you called cant be reached, or it goes to voicemail. Samsung you need to do a bug fix for this !!. Seems to be a common problem across many carriers

JUMP TO SOLUTION
79 Replies
useryI68afygMy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Well I'm in the US and I'm having the exact same issue with my S20 ultra. Incoming calls do not ring on my phone. I have Verizon and live in Dallas/Fort Worth, so I should have no problems getting phone calls.

userJmvrAskEUn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I cant believe this is the response from Samsung... read the thread, this problem is happening globally, across many countries..

Instead of telling us to go away to another "forum" how about doing something to get the problem fixed. Its a $2000 phone, this is just not good enough. Its not  a sim or setting problem, otherwise thats an incredibly unlucky coincidence across the world. FIX THE FIRMWARE or withdraw the phone and refund us all 100%. Pity as the phone is quite good other than not taking calls which is the primary purpose of a phone. .

usern6gu0O5z5D
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Reporting in with an S20 Ultra 5G in the UK here. I'm on the Three mobile network. Missing calls intermittently and going directly to voicemail. 

I'm going to try keeping WiFi off for the time being as fortunately I have an unlimited data plan. That said I'm incredibly disappointed that a phone this expensive is having issues with one of the most basic functions it should fulfil. 

Clearly this is impacting many people and needs looking into by Samsung ASAP. 

userEE9LTGAFSA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Samsung support mistreated us in the same way before when I reported this issue to them, so I am not surprised. I tipped few newspapers about this issue now, hopefully someone will write about this phone and this global issue. 🙏🏻

If Samsung is not taking it seriously, lets at least publicize it so everyone knows *before* they buy Samsung S20 Ultra.

userBjbN4ZVRmA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I am also having the same issue in Iceland on the nova network.  I have tried everything possible to fix this including factory reset. I am going to try to return this phone tomorrow. was a good run with samsung which had been my favorite phones until now. but not receiving calls is the worst problem a phone can have next to not making calls.

userDOpx4hM7Ni
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

<edit>

After factory reset. Did you setup the phone again with smart switch or start from scratch?

0 Likes
useryI68afygMy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I am contacting the media also about this issue. I had the issue with the S7 Edge and now with my new S20 Ultra. It is so frustrating 

0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Also try installing carrier services application from Google

0 Likes
userBjbN4ZVRmA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I tried factory reset with and without smart switch. I installed carrier services.  the only thing that works is never turning on the wifi. I'm going to try to get an e-sim put on the phone and see if that works

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20

Same issue - same carrier as OP (Spark NZ). Spent the past month and a half troubleshooting with the carrier, including enabling VoLTE and switching to eSIM too, but to no avail. Taking my phone in for service tomorrow, but looking at these responses here, i'm not too optimistic...

0 Likes