cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

S20 Ultra samsung pay cant setup

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SO I'm having this macro focus issue like others. Its so bad I can't setup my capital one card in Samsung pay.....chase card didn't require the pics so it setup fine. Is anyone else having this same issue with setting up Samsung pay? This is kinda a deal breaker for me considering I dropped 1600 bones and it can't do something my S7 did no problem. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: S20 Ultra samsung pay cant setup

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It works now since updating this morning yay! Camera focus is much improved!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is working fine no issues I have the Samsung s20 ultra.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Really have a hard time believing that. Take a picture of some text in a book from a hands distance away and you'll see it can't focus clearly on all the text.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The & sign in your shot is very blurry. The samsung pay app cant focus clearly enough on my drivers license to accept the shot so it's not good enough, and it looks like you have the same issue as mine.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

for 1400 bucks that looks awful. you have the same issue mine is having. my s7 active takes much clearer shots at this focus. I had no issues submitting pics of my id with s7 active or s9+ but my s20 ultra it trys to retake the pictures until it says too many attempts =( I dont ever take macro shots really just want my samsung pay for my cap one card or im going to have to return. I hope the software update fixes!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I'm also having problems.

I'm not able to set up my Capital One with Samsung Pay, or my Capital One with Google Pay.

I'm on the S20 Ultra with Verizon.

The problem is with Capital One failing to verify after sending in the pics of the id.

I tried a number of times and was sending crisp focused pics, and also tried uninstalling/reinstalling both the Cap One app and the Samsung Pay app.  I also spent time on the phone with Capital One and they could not figure out the problem.  The Customer Service Rep also couldn't provide an alternate way to verify.

The Rep has escalated the issue so I'll hear back from Capital One with some help or a way for them to force through the verification.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After updating this morning it was able to capture a sharp enough image to submit successfully. It took me a couple tries but much better now! Almost had to return because of this. Good work Samsung!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It works now since updating this morning yay! Camera focus is much improved!

View solution in original post