JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 Ultra screen locks randomly in the middle of use

(Topic created: 03-04-2021 03:47 PM)
klassiphyed
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

MY ULTRA WILL RANDOMLY LOCK ON ITS OWN IN THE MIDDLE OF ME USING IT, SOMETIMES IMMEDIATELY AFTER I HAVE UNLOCKED IT. ITS NOT ONLY ANNOYING BUT PRESENTS PROBLEMS AT WORK AS I ISE MY PHONE TO FILM VIDEO FOR SOCIAL MEDIA POST. ITS BASICALLY RENDERED IT USELESS FOR FILMING  VIDEO. PLEASE HELP. SMARTNSTAY IS ON

24 Replies
mynameismud
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
well it could be the resent update but I guess more people would be having the issue. the only way to find out would be reseting the phone to a point we're the update is not present and see if that fixes the issue
0 Likes
usernOJpVyHdRb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
having same issues note 20 ultra.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

For anyone having this issue.  I think I found a solution. The way I "fixed" it was deleting my home from smart lock. Restarting my phone and re adding my home once again under smart lock. Be sure to have only one home listed for smart lock. Hope that helps. 3 weeks going strong.

Solution
userL7ffXROQ6x
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Hey guys, I wanted to quickly hop on here and let you know I had the same issue but I fixed mine. What I'm going to say might fix your issue as well probably. It has to do with the Bixby routines. If you go in and switch off the Bixby routine and also take the Bixby routine off The Trusted list on your settings. You should fix the Locking issue. Let me know how this works out.
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes