JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 Ultra screen locks randomly in the middle of use

(Topic created: 09-18-2020 09:41 PM)
klassiphyed
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

MY ULTRA WILL RANDOMLY LOCK ON ITS OWN IN THE MIDDLE OF ME USING IT, SOMETIMES IMMEDIATELY AFTER I HAVE UNLOCKED IT. ITS NOT ONLY ANNOYING BUT PRESENTS PROBLEMS AT WORK AS I ISE MY PHONE TO FILM VIDEO FOR SOCIAL MEDIA POST. ITS BASICALLY RENDERED IT USELESS FOR FILMING  VIDEO. PLEASE HELP. SMARTNSTAY IS ON

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Options
Galaxy S20

try download samsung members app and submit a ticket.
once you open, click +, then click error report

0 Likes
Jeffc73OC
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
same problem here. submitted a ticket 3 times. still haven't heard back. I've had mine lock 4 or 5 times in like 5 minutes while using an app. including this app.
0 Likes
Chellybell
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I did some searching online and found this recommendation which is working for me so far:

Press both the volume down key and power key for about 7-8 seconds and the phone will re-start.

I've gone about 30min. now with no issues (fingers crossed)!   I hope this has solved the problem and will work for you!

0 Likes
mynameismud
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
so how is it going so far
0 Likes
Chellybell
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
No problems since then!
mynameismud
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I tried this but no luck
0 Likes
mynameismud
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
this is getting annoying what ever I do my phone just automatically goes the lock screen just did it twice while writing this post
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

Just started having this problem. Factory reset my phone. Installed certain apps carefully to determine if they were causing the issue. Ran my phone in safe mode for 30 mins. Phone didn't lock, but that can't be the fix. Hoping someone comes up with a fix soon.

0 Likes
mynameismud
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I am afraid I'm going to have to do this also. I am almost sure it's an app because my last phone an s10+ was doing this but I I also had an update an then this started happening so il just factory reset the phone
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

What are the odds it has something to do with "smart lock?"

0 Likes