Original topic:

S20 Ultra zoom issues

(Topic created: 07-08-2021 11:32 PM)
Samdave
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Hello All,

Since last 2 weeks my s20 camera has started acting up.
What happens is - When I am taking a picture or video and the zoom is between 1.0 to 4.0 the pictures and videos would be all blurry. If the zoom is above 4.0 or less than 1.0 then its excellent quality. 

This has been painful as i am on a vacation trip for next 10 days and all pics have to be clicked by wife's phone (S20+)

Tried reset of the settings- no change
Restarted - no change
Hard reset - no change. 

Any other ideas as why the pictures/videos would be blurry for the zoom settings?

Thanks in advance
10 Replies
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
Anything above 5x on my ultra looks like garbage. I don't know how people are getting these 100x moon shots.
Smew
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20

Have you tried submitting an error report through the Samsung Members app? Give that a shot (pun intended)

What software version is your S20U on? (Settings > About Phone > Software Information > Build Number [last 4 characters])

What Camera settings are you on for aspect ratio while taking these shots? 

0 Likes
mistermoravec
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm having the exact same issue. I've submitted an error report and have heard nothing back.
0 Likes
mistermoravec
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I also find it interesting that my post from weeks ago is now gone. I have all of the emails from responses I received, but it shows my post count as 0 and when I click on the link it the email it just brings up an error. When I searched for this when it started happening for me in May, there were 15 or so recent posts. I can't find any of those now.

Here's the link from the email to my post.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20/Main-Camera-does-not-focus-since-first-update-in-May/...
0 Likes
mistermoravec
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
0 Likes
Samdave
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
This is soo frustrating. How do I submit a report or get samsung's attention to look into this issue?
0 Likes
Samdave
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Here is the software information Screenshot_20210718-153030_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20210718-153037_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Samdave
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
The aspect ratio is full
0 Likes
mistermoravec
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I paid 220 to have the entire camera module replaced by ubreakifix. It seemed to do the trick. It's at least trying to focus on somethings between 1-4x.
0 Likes