JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20+ charging cables fail

(Topic created: 10-18-2022 04:53 PM)
userXDg1X9PBhG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
2 days ago, all of my charging cables don't work on my S20+ phone.  When I connect to phone usb,  one cable sounds an alarm and shows a pic of a water drop. A different cable sounds an alarm, and shoews a pic of a thermometer, in bright red.  Third cable sounds an alarm, and says the phone is overheating, and that I should check ports for an obstruction.

It isn't overheated. I havent used it all day due to not being able to charge it. I got a new battery installed this morning. Ive examined the usb port, and there is no debris. I cleaned it with alcohol, and it appeared clean. I installed and ran all Guardians...no problems.

But still cant plug any cable in to charge it. Down to 5% power now, so its off. About to go get a new cable, but I dont have high hopes there. Any advice would be appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userXDg1X9PBhG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Holy moly. New cable worked. Good suggestion about getting the port changed I wish I'd thought of that . But I'm happy now. Thanks.

View solution in context

3 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20
Maybe should have had the USB port changed out along with screen ... there is a repair kit just for that purpose

Not sure about the S20, but our s21s and s22s can charge wirelessly - is that an option ?
Solution
userXDg1X9PBhG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Holy moly. New cable worked. Good suggestion about getting the port changed I wish I'd thought of that . But I'm happy now. Thanks.
TheGuywiththeDogs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I was having problems with charging my Galaxy S9 recently, so I bought a wireless charger as a temp solution, which worked. Finally took a toothpick to the charge port & cleaned out a clump of pocket lint, which solved the problem.
0 Likes