JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 fe 5g flickering when light hits the view finder

(Topic created: 04-14-2021 08:02 AM)
usernwoofeoWZ6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

My screen flickers and goes blank when sunlight hits the view finder on the phone. In the house or shade it doesn't do that. I can even use a flash light and point it at the view finder and it flickers and the screen goes blank.

59 Replies
userTpQRQdbSn5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

As stated above, I too had the same issue. I disabled adaptive brightness for now but it also has to do with the phone being is max brightness, that is when it starts to flicker. Hopefully they resolve this soon.

0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20

yeah so i think you have to manually adjust the brightness to maybe around 60%

0 Likes
THKKPorter
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Same here. After the update it now flickers in the sunlight. Has anyone found a fix for this?

0 Likes
RupeshP
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Same problem here, I even went samsung care and got my screen replaced but the problem still exists
userFboPXbH6bu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have a S20 FE. It was purchased in February. Everything was fine until last week when I started to experience the same flickering and black screen in sunlight issues. The difference with me is that the Adaptive Brightness was NEVER activated, so the flickering on my phone is NOT related to that. After all, correlation is not causation so the issue must be caused by something else. I will reduce the brightness to see if that helps. Thanks for posting, everyone. Please post a response if there is a permanent fix, or at least an official explanation about the cause. 

userlBghDK6TaW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm having the exact same problem and I am so glad I found this thread because I was about to send my phone off to Samsung to have them probably do nothing and be without a phone for a week. I hope there is a resolution soon!

userprUG568eiJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I noticed the same issue starting over the past few days on my GS20 FE. I only notice the issue persist when in direct sunlight. I notice an update a week or so ago but ti think that was just a security update. I haven't tried changing adaptive brightness yet but even when I manually change it still persists.
0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20

Does this issue still persist when your phone is in safe mode?

0 Likes
RupeshP
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Yes
0 Likes
Members_rN2iD6z
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the same issues.