JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 fe 5g flickering when light hits the view finder

(Topic created: 04-15-2021 08:17 AM)
usernwoofeoWZ6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

My screen flickers and goes blank when sunlight hits the view finder on the phone. In the house or shade it doesn't do that. I can even use a flash light and point it at the view finder and it flickers and the screen goes blank.

userNf9aF1CnJw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same exact problem here 😕

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Does this happen if you turn off adaptive brightness in your settings?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userIiAUnb7XWH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Turning off adaptive brightness fixes the sunlight problem, but the screen will sometimes go black after waking the phone or exiting applications.
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you for that information. If you turn off adaptive brightness then test your phone in safe mode, do you still experience these same symptoms?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userFC7605dsCK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I've turned off mine, still same symptoms
user3L2mAf5WO3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same here. You can reproduce the issue in a dark room and shining a bright flash light on the screen. 

userEk1yOKHNq1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same issue here.  Just got the phone a month ago.  Software update was just done on Monday night.  Tuesday starting happening.  Called AT&T and they said I need to get in touch with Samsung as the have done everything to try to resolve it.  Ugghh...Help!

Bmwalter8
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
When is going to get fixed, it's really distracting when I'm trying to drive and use the GPS
userefdVYUyUr4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I am having the same problem since the update the other day. I've had this phone only a month. 😡
0 Likes
Samsung_7xybjmj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I also noticed the finger print reader doesn't work when it's doing this.

0 Likes