JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 fe 5g flickering when light hits the view finder

(Topic created: 04-15-2021 09:41 AM)
usernwoofeoWZ6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

My screen flickers and goes blank when sunlight hits the view finder on the phone. In the house or shade it doesn't do that. I can even use a flash light and point it at the view finder and it flickers and the screen goes blank.

59 Replies
userItTOti230L
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Yep - same - turning off adaptive brightness and setting display brightness manually to about 80% stabilized it - cant do 100% - issue still happens if you max manual brightness

userie3O9R9275
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Yes,the same problem occurred on my S20 FE immediately after an update on 4/6/2021. This is a critical issue, as I use my phone to navigate off-trail in the field for work, where I need a bright screen.

Is there a way to unwind that update? Has this issue been reported to Samsung? If not, how do I do so? Very frustrated that an update, which is supposed to make a device better, actually disables it.

J7500
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
S20fe after updating today my screen flickers tried all the tricks with deleting cache etc..did not help.it appears to be an issue with the auto screen brrightness.
Julies20fe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I am having the same issue since the update.
0 Likes
J7500
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Turn off auto brightness for now
J7500
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
It stopped it for me
0 Likes
m_n
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Good t know it's not just me, waiting for a fix.
will108
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Is anyone having issues with a flickering screen in the sunlight after the update?

J7500
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
yes.
user5OnNULWaSU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Is there a patch for the screen flickering issue? Turning off adaptive brightness fixes some of the issue, but not all.