JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 fe 5g flickering when light hits the view finder

(Topic created: 04-15-2021 04:16 PM)
usernwoofeoWZ6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

My screen flickers and goes blank when sunlight hits the view finder on the phone. In the house or shade it doesn't do that. I can even use a flash light and point it at the view finder and it flickers and the screen goes blank.

Samsung_Yotc31M
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Hubby & I did the update last night. Flickering randomly and totally black during direct sunlight. Samsung needs to fix this. I opened a ticket with them eariler today & they acted like not many people were having this issue. 

Koyaanisqatsi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

While turning off Adaptive Brightness works around the problem successfully, I have discovered it's not necessarily Adaptive Brightness causing the issue.  It is only triggering an issue in the brightness adjustment slider/code. 

My screen flickers when the brightness is very close to maximum, but only if the phone is in bright light, and even if Adaptive Brightness is turned off.  When I am indoors, it does not flicker at all, no matter what setting or brightness I set.

This all started with the most recent software update.

fannE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Interesting. Seems you are right. Sensor overload
user3cCyv9biu2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same problem here too. Will try to place it in manual at full brightness.

0 Likes
Tiffany0614
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Same! Started last Saturday! Software update hit my phone that morning and that afternoon this glitch began
JReed56
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I have a Galaxy S20 FE and adaptive brightness doesn't do anything to fix my issues.
0 Likes
userYdUHzkCoPT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Yes! Since the latest update, I have had to turn off the autobright feature. Many complaints online for this phone and recent updates doing this. I sure hope there will be another update to fix.
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20

disable adaptive brightness and manually adjust the brightness to around 60%

0 Likes
userWPp4pLqRLx
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

yes this worked for me.  Hopefully these is an actual fix shortly as I like the adaptive brightness

Narencool
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
For me happening whenever sunlight hits on screen . Irrespective of any application.