JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 fe 5g flickering when light hits the view finder

(Topic created: 06-07-2021 09:24 AM)
userF0MToS1yEj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Purchased the Galaxy S20 FE 5G on June 4th.  All the latest software updates have been applied. If I turn on Adaptive brightness, the screen will flicker and go completely dark in the sunlight. I performed a factory reset and tried again before restoring my apps from backup, and the issue persisted. Turning off Adaptive brightness is a workaround for this problem, but it is not an acceptable solution. I see lots of other people having the same problem, and a bogus Solved response. Is everybody sending their devices in for warranty repair? What's the turnaround time - I really can't be without my phone for more than a couple of days. Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userF0MToS1yEj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

My phone just updated to version DUE1 and that fixed the problem.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
Blue7
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20

what's the current software version? settings > about phone > software info > last 4 letters of build number

click software update in the settings and see if there are any new updates. 

I've seen other users saying it was resolved after the update. 

0 Likes
userF0MToS1yEj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Build number ends with DUCB. 

There are no updates available: Software Update -> Check For Updates -> OK -> displays "Current software is up to date"

Thanks.

0 Likes
user2vLzPDkDOo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same issue.  New S20 FE (AT&T) purchased 2 days ago.  Installed all available updates.  My build number also ends with DUCB.

I see there are 2 subsequent updates on the AT&T website (DUD4 and DUD8), but they're not being offered to my phone yet.  Did one of those updates fix the flickering issue?

0 Likes
Solution
userF0MToS1yEj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

My phone just updated to version DUE1 and that fixed the problem.

View solution in context

0 Likes