JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 fe camera app freezes and the phone reboots

(Topic created: 04-28-2021 04:50 AM)
RFDesign21
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

When I open the camera app on my Galaxy S10 FE, it freezes and then the phone reboots. I checked & it's on the latest version, 11.0.11.4. This has been happening quite often. After the reboot it will work for a day or so, but then starts up again. Any idea what/why this might be happening?

3 Replies
SubzeroDev
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the exact problem with S20+5G. The camera app only works shortly after reboot. Then after a while if I open it again it will definitely freeze and reboot the phone. 

I have to use third-party camera app, which works completely fine.

I have this phone for almost a year but the problem only appear recently. Don't know if it has to do with OneUI 3 update or something. 

Last update on 8th April, Android 11 , OneUI 3.1 , Camera version is 11.0.02.82

Already tried clear cache, wipe cache (recovery mode), reset all settings. 

Don't want to try factory reset yet, that's the last resort and don't even guarantee to fix. 

Samsung, can you actually fix the problem! Stop telling people to factory reset for everything!

0 Likes
Solution
SubzeroDev
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

This morning I got a msg from support through the Samsung Members app.

I followed the instruction, go by my day, occasionally open the camera app. And by night time now it has been working fine so far! No more freeze/reboot. 

Here is the steps:

1) Open the phone "Settings" and go into "Apps"

2) Click the sorting icon and enable "Show system apps"

3) Find and go into "Sec Media Storage"

4) Click "Force stop", then go into "Storage" and click "Clear cache" and "Clear data"

5) Go back to apps and find "Camera", repeat step 4.

6) Restart phone

It's all good so far. Finger crossed!

MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes