My s20 fe has begun overheating. I thought it was a warranty issue. Warranteed the phone, then yesterday the new phone started doing the same. By overheating, I mean the phone flashes a few times, then goes to the black screen and won't light up again for a few minutes. This is becoming very annoying. Especially since the new phone is only 2 days old.
Thanks for reaching out.
Are you on a specific app when this happens?
Do experience these symptoms while your device is in safe mode?
This step will temporarily disable all your third-party apps, but none of your personal data will be deleted. Your customization settings (Wallpaper, Themes, et cetera) will be reset to default once you exit this mode.
Please follow the steps below:
1. Turn the device off.
2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.
3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.
4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.
7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.
8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device.
Let us know how your device responds after performing this step!
It almost sounds as though something environmental might be affecting the symptoms you're experiencing. Please let us know should it happen again.
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.