JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 getting network error messages when downloading attachments

(Topic created: 09-06-2020 01:02 PM)
Michelem0406
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I have had my S20 for a couple weeks now and as of.last night I can not download any attachments sent in messenger! I have not download any new apps in a couple days the message is Error: Network Error Occurred.  I am getting messages busy not any attachments.. help

14 Replies
Konkrete15
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

same here as of 2 days ago no group messages are coming thru!

HmG1111
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

me too! it's driving me crazy! I cannot send or receive MMS. it will say the same, network error occurred I'm on ATT service.

Michelem0406
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

on AT&T also

0 Likes
Michelem0406
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

just check the my AT&T site and there is a guy on there with same issue as us and call tech support.. uts a know issue and should be resolved in 24 hours.. so we are get a pushed fix tonight or tomorrow I guess. I will check tomorro... good luck!

smp23
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Mine is the same, after speaking to tech support both through AT&T and Samsung they just had me swap my phone for a new one but basically said all of Samsungs new S20 & S20 Note lines are having the same issue. They both said I can switch phones go iPhone or wait until Samsung sends an update with a patch but they had no idea how long that would take...

KBen17
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm also on at&t. my husband and I both have the s20 plus. I can recieve mms just fine but as if 3 days ago he can not? At&t said its a samsung problem....

Hrolf29
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
same thing with Google Fi
demonigoth666
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm on Verizon and I've been having this issue for a few days now. At first I couldn't send anything other than texts, but now I can't see or send any pictures at all. I'm using the Messages app that came with the phone. I've had my phone for about a month and I didn't have any issues up until now.
Solution
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20

Have you tried resetting the network settings on your phone?

Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone?

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device