Original topic:

S20+ how to slow down speech rate in bixby vision?

(Topic created: 08-21-2022 09:54 PM)
xkhx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
There doesn't seem to be any setting inside bixby vision for speech rate. I'm using it to (listen to) it read a book for me but it speaks the words ultra fast.
I have the phones settings for text-to-speech slowed down but they do not translate to bixby vision. 

Otherwise I can't find any other way to make my phone read to me through the camera.

Any know? 
Or is there a different app made for that purpose that I could download?
3 Replies
Texas_Mads
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Same issue for me, did you ever find a solution?
0 Likes
xkhx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
😞 no I never did. I tried looking through the play store for apps that are made for that purpose but the ones I found wanted you to pay.
I've had to try adapting to how fast it reads by paying close attention.

I'll tell ya what though, if you make sure to pay attention, you really blow through a book in no time lolol!
But definitely not helpful for a child or someone with a disability that makes reading difficult.
Sorry I couldn't help.
0 Likes
Texas_Mads
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I've been using TalkBack accessible app pre loaded on Note 20 Ultra
Works better than Bixby Vision but you really have to preread instructions on how to PAUSE TalkBack since it's an accessibility app, it completely takes control of phone once it's turned on
You use a swiping motion to "turn" the pages but the rate and language is easy to control/adjust
Maybe read up on that
Just thought since I use Bixby Vision to translate stuff, would also use as text-to-speech app but there are other, better apps for that out there, you're correct
😊
0 Likes