JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 keep freezing!

(Topic created: 03-05-2020 09:05 AM)
Samsung_rmcXkBU
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I just got S20 and it keeps freezing sometimes and I have to restart the phone to fix it?

20 Replies
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

You can try doing a factory reset and setting the phone up again. Make sure the software and all apps are up to date. Close any apps that you aren't using. Have you installed any 3rd party apps?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Isaiah58
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Mine freezes in Chrome. I am wondering if it is a 5G thing? 

user5UcRihoY3P
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Mine keeps freezing the exact same way. Mostly in Chrome but also in anything you need to scroll down to read. I have tried to restart and do a factory reset. Neither have worked.

userqF6OT6D74C
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

MINE TOO!

0 Likes
Eyayo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I got mine yesterday and did a system update immediately....maybe it might work for you

Samsung_rmcXkBU
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks all for your responses. I'll update software and see.

0 Likes
Michael29736
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Try powering off the device and hold volume up and power it back on. Select wipe cache partition using to volume rockers and then press the power button to confirm. After that select restart device. The problem should be resolved

0 Likes
userZTvqlUnp8c
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

S20 ultra randomly freezes on me too, even in safe mode after factory reset n wipe cache partition. Waiting on stock for early life failure like tons of others.. sounds like a disaster of a phone lol

userNt8FAY1kPF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

mine too, I have reset cleared cache etc too.