cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: S20 keep freezing!

it's the software update that that's the problem. factory resetting does not help. i sent mine back to samsung for repair. they told me they'd never heard of this problem. please, everyone, call your service provider and have them send a ticket to samsung so they know this is a normal issue with this phone, and they need to do a new software update to fix it!

Highlighted
Asteroid

I was having the same problem on various apps. Turning off Google Assistant use screen context seems to have solved it for me. 

Screenshot_20200316-230436_Google.jpg

Highlighted
Constellation

Mine does exact same freeze in chrome.  Sometimes I can get out of it. None of the solutions above fixedh  my issue.

Astronaut

Just upgraded to S20 Ultra from my S10 Plus - big mistake

My phone is freezing exactly like yours It has been happening in Chrome

Have tried a number of other Web access programmes but I continue to experience 'freezing' even when using these

The phone even freezes when I'm using Samsung Internet

Highlighted
Constellation

I got my new S20+ yesterday and it has frozen and switched itself off 6 times so far... not a great start

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Were you able to try any of the previously mentioned troubleshooting steps mentioned here in this thread?

Highlighted
Constellation

Even when it restarts and i put my pin in it even freezes part way through that process. Its crazy

@SamsungQue wrote:

Were you able to try any of the previously mentioned troubleshooting steps mentioned here in this thread?

Yes Husband tried resets etc but keeps freezing

Highlighted
Astronaut

note 20 ultra does the same i got mine a week ago and had to return it and get a new phone because it was freezing so bad I couldn't use the phone they sent me out a new phone and it worked great for the first day and now the something is happening anytime i go to unlock it, it freezes and turns black then i have to unlock it all over again its so frustrating if this is a software issue they need to fix it fast I'm seriously thinking of going back to my note 10 plus
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If the phone is freezing and locking while in Safe Mode and after a reset, service would be recommended. Please send a private message with the full model code and IMEI number. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.