JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 keep freezing!

(Topic created: 05-01-2020 04:05 AM)
Samsung_rmcXkBU
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I just got S20 and it keeps freezing sometimes and I have to restart the phone to fix it?

19 Replies
userZTvqlUnp8c
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

S20 ultra randomly freezes on me too, even in safe mode after factory reset n wipe cache partition. Waiting on stock for early life failure like tons of others.. sounds like a disaster of a phone lol

userNt8FAY1kPF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

mine too, I have reset cleared cache etc too. 

usertqxn0MgpLO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

it's the software update that that's the problem. factory resetting does not help. i sent mine back to samsung for repair. they told me they'd never heard of this problem. please, everyone, call your service provider and have them send a ticket to samsung so they know this is a normal issue with this phone, and they need to do a new software update to fix it!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20

Just upgraded to S20 Ultra from my S10 Plus - big mistake

My phone is freezing exactly like yours It has been happening in Chrome

Have tried a number of other Web access programmes but I continue to experience 'freezing' even when using these

The phone even freezes when I'm using Samsung Internet

Woolugg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I got my new S20+ yesterday and it has frozen and switched itself off 6 times so far... not a great start

MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20

Were you able to try any of the previously mentioned troubleshooting steps mentioned here in this thread?

0 Likes
Woolugg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Even when it restarts and i put my pin in it even freezes part way through that process. Its crazy

@MrQue wrote:

Were you able to try any of the previously mentioned troubleshooting steps mentioned here in this thread?

Yes Husband tried resets etc but keeps freezing

sammie2134
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
note 20 ultra does the same i got mine a week ago and had to return it and get a new phone because it was freezing so bad I couldn't use the phone they sent me out a new phone and it worked great for the first day and now the something is happening anytime i go to unlock it, it freezes and turns black then i have to unlock it all over again its so frustrating if this is a software issue they need to fix it fast I'm seriously thinking of going back to my note 10 plus
0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20

If the phone is freezing and locking while in Safe Mode and after a reset, service would be recommended. Please send a private message with the full model code and IMEI number. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user9XYMNO0XTG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I thought I has a crappy phone, but now this phone keeps freezing. This is beyond what I call acceptable.

This is a real problem Samsung

0 Likes