JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 keep freezing!

(Topic created: 03-04-2020 09:56 AM)
Samsung_rmcXkBU
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I just got S20 and it keeps freezing sometimes and I have to restart the phone to fix it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Veecious
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I was having the same problem on various apps. Turning off Google Assistant use screen context seems to have solved it for me. 

Screenshot_20200316-230436_Google.jpg

View solution in context

19 Replies
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20

You can try doing a factory reset and setting the phone up again. Make sure the software and all apps are up to date. Close any apps that you aren't using. Have you installed any 3rd party apps?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Isaiah58
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Mine freezes in Chrome. I am wondering if it is a 5G thing? 

user5UcRihoY3P
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Mine keeps freezing the exact same way. Mostly in Chrome but also in anything you need to scroll down to read. I have tried to restart and do a factory reset. Neither have worked.

userqF6OT6D74C
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

MINE TOO!

0 Likes
Eyayo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I got mine yesterday and did a system update immediately....maybe it might work for you

Samsung_rmcXkBU
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks all for your responses. I'll update software and see.

0 Likes
Solution
Veecious
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I was having the same problem on various apps. Turning off Google Assistant use screen context seems to have solved it for me. 

Screenshot_20200316-230436_Google.jpg

userbyuJe3wjXp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Mine does exact same freeze in chrome.  Sometimes I can get out of it. None of the solutions above fixedh  my issue.

userxDXt3ihbtA
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Wow, my friend. I logged in especially to thank you for your suggestion. I have been plagued with this since I got the phone at launch. I Turned off screen context as suggested and scrolling is buttery smooth now. No more pauses/freezes in Chrome and the Amazon app no longer locks up and looses all the thumbnail/images when you're scrolling through. WHAT A DIFFERENCE.

It feels like a new phone 😊👍

0 Likes