JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 not updating to android 11 or downloading any new security patches

(Topic created: 12-27-2020 09:40 AM)
Drake24879
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello. I recently received an s20 and have been trying for 2 days to recieve the latest security patches and Android 11 updates. The last patch my phone has is the November 1, 2020 security patch level. Other devices in my household have recieved the Android 11 updates and security patches, so I am curious as to why mine won't update.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks for your inquiry. Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

View solution in context

11 Replies
UserNote20U5g
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
don't be in such rush for it. the update is not all its cracked up to be. I wish I had never updated. keep android 10 as long as you can. there have been issues such as bricking, things not functioning as they should. major changes that you may not like. enjoy 10 as long as you can
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

do you have unlocked?

try download samsung members app and submit a ticket.
once you open, click +, then click error report.

0 Likes
Drake24879
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
yes my phone is unlocked
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks for your inquiry. Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

View solution in context

Drake24879
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Thanks for the info!
0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

You're very welcome! 🙂

0 Likes
userlQBLZAssnW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Mine has not recieved any android or security updates since purchased on release(android security 01/27/2020 and patch level 02/01/2020) and still on 10. Have tried factory reset with and without sim and multiple different sims i check every day just for it to say up to date

christo996
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
im having same issue my last update is from august 2020
0 Likes
Drake24879
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I received the update January 3rd
0 Likes