cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: S20 not working with Android Auto

Step 1: Phone Settings > System > About Phone > Software Information > Tap 7 times on Build Number to enable Developer Mode

Step 2: Phone Settings > Developer Options > Default USB Configuration > Set to USB Tethering

Found this on an s10 forum seems to be an android 10 processing system issue. This worked for my s20 had mine connected for 15 minutes no issues, previously was disconnecting after a few minutes. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Well this was working, now it's not,  noticed a software update today maybe its related. 😡😡😡 real close to becoming an iPhone user.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Tried the above stated fix, and no luck on either S7 Active or S20+.  Samsung sent update out 3/26/2020 and no fix for the Android Auto issues, nor the Samsung Music issues others are having. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Not sure what yall have tried.. But I had an S20 Ultra, and I had no problems.. In fact, was better than previous working with AA. With that being said.. I think that yalls problem with either the cable, or you did the set up too fast, that when you plug in the phone to your cars cable, you selected Dex as the initiation. Because what yall are describing, is the same that happened to my friend when he plugged in his Note 10+ into my Chevy, and I saw how he was just pressing buttons without reading the prompts. You need to clear defaults on Android auto, and Samsung Dex, I'd even uninstall Samsung Dex. Then installing again. I think that the phone is looking for Samsung Dex in a computer instead of AA in a car.. Because I had an Ultra that I returned and it was amazing! #readyourprompts! Samsung Dex comes up instead of AA sometimes... Thos is your issue. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I assure you, I am not just pushing buttons.  20 Year IT engineer here...  I have done testing for samsung before, and have offered technical advice to them on other issues with other personal electronics they offer.  My specific issue has not been device specific.  Prior to Febuary update, S7 worked fine, after update, like stated above, all voice features and call audio features have stopped working.  No voice in navigation either.  Navigation and Music features work in AA, but nothing else.  Bought an S20+, using samsung charging cable, and same issues.  Tried your method of disabling DEX, and all other suggested remedies, with no luck.  So issue is across multiple platforms and releases of Android OS.  Now I have a question for you, if S20 Ultra was so nice, why did you return it?

Highlighted
Constellation

So I have given this a try and it looks to have solved my problem so far. Only sat in car for 5 mins so will see how it goes tomorrow when I go for a longer drive. For now I am happy Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Constellation

no it only works for a short time, few minutes then i get answer "phone is not responding"

really not happy as nothing seems to help to get this working Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Asteroid

April 1st 2020 9:00 P.M. MT, New version of Android Auto release just appeared as update.  This is AA version 5.1.500644.  I will test function and get back.

Highlighted
Asteroid

What ever update just appeared, says it was released in Febuary....  THis doesnt make any sense.  Also, after this later update, AA does not appear in any menu screen or app screen as the ability to luanch on phone...  However when you go into Phone settings > Apps > AA appears and you can disable or uninstall updates.  Why would you remove it from regular app screens or menus?

Asteroid

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me.  First off lets state, that I have an S20+ 5G 512.  It is running these software versions:

One UI version:  2.1

Android Version: 10

Unfortunatley it will not let me attach a screenshot of the about phone and its entire contents, so....

Android Auto Version: 5.2.501054   Note:  Had to install the APK from website for this release was not yet available in my Google Play Store

Android Auto Previous Version: 5.1.500644 on Both Galaxy S7 Active as well as Galaxy S20+…  Both phones and apps acted the same across Android 8 & 10.

Issue with Android Auto Are:  No voice output connected via Bluetooth or USB within calls.  No Voice Navigation sound output within Maps/Navigation.

Yes Maps work, “Hey Google” Google assistant yes shows up, but no assistant voice or sound, you just get the 3-4 red/yellow/green dots…  It recognizes my input via voice, but does not repeat, or clarify back at me.  Music works both USB and Bluetooth, but all voice commands and call output are broke.

I tested 20 different cables, I tested all settings within Settings > Developer Options > USB, Bluetooth, Media, etc.  I went though settings 1 by 1 as I made a change, took me 2 hours to completely test all of changes within the developer options related to USB/Bluetooth/Media, to no avail, and no fix.

Please direct me if you can, and help all of us who have been complaining about the Android Auto being broke for months, or since the Mid January 2020 release.

I am willing to help test.

I am Located in the Pacific Mountain North West of the United States.  I travel for work a lot.  Though with Covid 19 I am parked for now, and have ample time to test this.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan