cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S20 not working with Android Auto

I had the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy S20 plus. The solution is to forget the car stereos Wi-Fi network on your phone. Then restart the car and select Android auto from the car stereo. Now it should connect to cars Wi-Fi and at the same time turn on mobile data. 

Highlighted
Constellation

My car stereo has no Wifi function. I have to use a USB connection. 

And still, also after the third Android update (2020-06-02), Android Auto crashes after a few moments. I had a Huwaei before and before that an iPhone. B Both phones had no problems and were of much better quality. I regret having to use a Samsung device (company device).

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

4 Month later and still no Update to Fix this problem. My s20 ultra 5g randomly disconnects and i tryed every troubleshooting around the internet.

Highlighted
Constellation

same herebbut then i noticed android auto for phone screens in the play store. Followed all the prompts and now i can use it in my chevymylink

Highlighted
Constellation

I just had same problem. Then I downloaded Android Auto for phone Screens. Clicked all the dialog boxes and boom... my maps appeared on screen and I was able to use all features

Highlighted
Asteroid

I had the same problem after upgrading from the S9 to the S20 + 5G Verizon.  I believe the problem is from transferring data from the old device.  I factory reset my S20 and Android Auto worked on the first try.  Interestingly enough the S20 came with Android Auto already installed.  You will need to install the Android Auto for Phone Screens app only if plan to use it without your infotainment system.

Resetting the phone was a pain but I'm glad I did it.  The phone seems to work better all around.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I am using a S30 Ultra 5G with my 2018 Kia Sportage and AA wasnt working, having purchased a high quality cable as below this has now been working for the last 2 weeks so might be worth a try. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01GN0M6NE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Highlighted
Constellation

It's nothing to do with the cable, my girlfriend has a note 20 ultra and with the original cable connects to android auto but when I try my phone (galaxy s20 ultra) it doesn't work. I have a 2020 vw tiguan and work at a vw car dealership and have tried various other vehicles at work but no joy

Highlighted
Astronaut

I'm looking at the S20+ and I use android auto often.  I was told that transfering my data from the old phone to the new S20 was simple and Samsung even has an app on the S20 that will make the transfer easy by using a data transfer cable.

What if I delete android auto from my old phone before transfering the data to the new S20?  If the S20 already has the new version of AA, perhaps using the pre-installed version and not allowing the transfer of the old AA app may prevent the issues people are having with the AA operation.

If the Samsung S20 has this many issues with AA, it may be best that I just stay with my old phone for a while longer. It seems Samsung has had issues with the AA app and certain radios for a long time. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried reaching out to the app developer? You can find their contact information in the google store?