Using the native text application. for every message I receive in a group mms text, I have to go to a text from the individual and press download. The downloaded message shows up in the MMS group text. So with allot of back and forth I can keep it going but it is really annoying. Any thoughts?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Can you verify these settings are correct in your device ?
Go into the messages app > More settings > Multimedia messages >
Make sure group conversations is toggled on
Make sure auto retrieve is toggled on
Under More Messages I only have
Show Web Previews (on)
Delete Old Messages(on)
No other options
Under Chat Settings
I have Auto Download (on)
Roaming Auto Download (off) I just turned this on and it didn't fix it (will try a reboot).
I have HD calls over LTE enabled I suspect it thinks I'm roaming.
you can see if wiping the cache partition will do anything
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
- Press Bixby / Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
- When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.