cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

S20 plus Auto Brigthness NOT working

I had turn my phone to full brightness then back to auto. After that my phone when on auto just goes to the lowest brightness level. Has it happened on my S10+ when I just got the android 20 update, had to do a factory reset to fix it. Anyone else having this issue or knows how to fix it?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: S20 plus Auto Brigthness NOT working

Hello @JahWorkz 

when you go into settings->display under brightness there's the adaptive brightness setting, do you have that turned on?

*if I have helped you, please like this post ❤️ If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a solution ✅ Hope you have a great day!
Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes. Whenever its on, it takes the brightness level to the lowest.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

the adaptive brightness learns your preferences and will adjust brightness based on your previous settings in similar lighting. so if you leave the adaptive brightness on, it will learn as you change the brightness settings. you can switch it off and must manually keep your setting to where you like. the phone will get better over time with the brightness as it learns your preferences

*if I have helped you, please like this post ❤️ If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a solution ✅ Hope you have a great day!
Product Expert

Hello JahWorkz,

As @Mari_K stated your device is on adaptive brightness which keeps your device on the lowest setting to maintain battery life and not cause screen burn. Over time it will learn you and adapt to the setting you like without causing harm to the device itself. My device did the same thing. Because I am more familiar witih device care I have it turned off and when I need it brighter I adjust as needed and then lower the screen brightness once Im done. 

Hope this was helpful!
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you