cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

S20 plus auto focus

Am I the only person that's experiencing auto focus hunt in the Galaxy S20 plus?.I hope Samsung can fix it soon.

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S20 plus auto focus

No. Same for me. Updated but still dont work. When switching to 64 mp its even worse.

Why release a phone without testing all functions first?

Time pressure of course.

Fix this issue fast or lose customers Samsung!

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have the same issue.

Whenever I take photos some parts of the suject' (edges) are always blured. Plus 64MP sensor huts for focus in mideum-low light secnarios like crazy.
This is unacceptable since my s9+ and s10 both take far better than s20+

Hope samsung can fix it with software update

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: S20 plus auto focus

still having same issue in October .
Highlighted
Asteroid

no you're not the only one and I'm glad you posted this as after forking out for an "upgrade" the supposed increased camera quality and features are worse than my s9.

How can we get samsung to sort this out.

It's unacceptable really 

Highlighted
Constellation

I hate this camera since it has such a hard time focusing. I can't recommend this phone to anyone. I've been on the Samsung bandwagon for many years, but I need a camera that works.

Highlighted
Sun

This issue happened with the latest update. Something went wrong. Samsung will be sending out an update soon to fix this issue. The focus shouldn't be an issue since the cameras have that dual pixel auto focus. It is a software issue and it will be resolved👍

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: S20 plus auto focus

well it's october now it's still the same
Highlighted
Asteroid

just to update you and everyone else, I used the Samsung Members app to contact support. 

We went through a series of tests  and the phone/camera hardware is fine.  It is only when the red/white  Samsung Camera app is used that everything in the auto focus falls to pieces. 

We even went into safe mode and came to the same conclusion. 

The support still tried to get me to take it to a support centre, but as I said to them,  unless they can code in a fix there and then it's a wasted amount of time and energy on a handset less than 14 days old.

They were very friendly and i also highlighted thst this is an issue across the whole s20 range and i then threw them a link to this whole topic.

After that, I was told they will get a developer on to it and when I asked for an ETA on role out, I was told approximately 7 days.

So all tbose with Camera and auto focus issues,  I urge you to contact support through Samsung Members. 

The more that report it, the bigger picture (no pun intended) they'll have of how many users and devices this is affecting. 

As with all customer support situations,  don't barge on with all guns blazing straight off the cuff. Be polite and friendly,  explain the problem,  have a link to this thread on your clipboard ready to paste as a reference for them to see it's not just a bad case of UE. Then be patient them while they ask you to do a few tests.

Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Same issue here with the s20+

Struggling and miss  focusing. Low light and 64mp are not usable as it will not focus correctly.