cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

S20 plus unlocked doesn't have RCS????

Very disappointed to find out that unlocked phones do not have the latest messaging service RCS CHAT.

To keep saying that it is carrier service related is a huge cop-out by Samsung! You have paired with Amazon prime day to get us to purchase these unlocked phones at a premium price and they should have EVERY feature! 

I am a brand loyal person and was so happy with my S6 plus (that did have RCS CHAT) and chose to stay with Samsung I hope they correct this error.  Maybe there should at least be some disclosure about unlocked phones vs a carrier model.  

Sure hope they roll out an update soon but don't have much hope when I read the complaints from as far back as June Smiley Sad  

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: S20 plus unlocked doesn't have RCS????

You a have 2 options you can flash carrier firmware by Odin or used Google messaging app
Highlighted
Halo

Here's the main problem...if Google would just make their messaging app the default on ALL android devices then it would be essentially identical to iMessage.  And from there if people really wanted to use a different messaging app like Samsung messages then they could switch over, but unfortunately lose RCS.  I like Samsung messages and I like Google messages.  I'd prefer to use Samsung because they give you more options.  However I've used Google messages with other people who use it and it works amazingly.  The problem is most people are too lazy or just uninformed to switch over to Google messages to use RCS so even if you have it most other people with Samsung's or another android will still just be using the stock messaging app.  It's a really unfortunate situation.  I would love it if Google just pushed out an update to all android phones to set their app as the default.  SMS/MMS is terrible.

Highlighted
Galaxy

I have an unlocked S20 Ultra and Everything works just fine on T-Mobile. like another person said RCS is locked out by the carrier it is carrier specific unless you download Google messages.. I use Google messages and my Chat works fine.
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Re: S20 plus unlocked doesn't have RCS????

Agreed. I have an unlocked S20+ with T-Mobile and the only way I can use RCS is through Google Messages. I don't even have the Chat Settings option in Samsung Messages.