Original topic:

S20 plus wifi disconnecting

(Topic created: 02-01-2021 11:33 AM)
userf2GKFTcv6R
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Android 11 messed my wifi connection up and it constantly disconnects and reconnects.  I've submitted a ticket with no fix since December.  I've received two system updates since and issue is still there.  Have tried all solutions including turning Google location accuracy off.  Setting static ip.  Disabling wifi scanning throttling.  Factory reset phone.  Does it even booted up in safe mode.  This is on 2 phones so it's not the device.  But it doesn't happen on all wifi.  Problem is on AT&T uverse connection.  Have replaced router even though no other device has any issue with connection besides the two s20 plus.  Please quit ignoring this issue and help us get a fix.  
14 Replies
userf2GKFTcv6R
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I had tried that one as well when I set it to static ip. Didn't help mine, but thanks maybe it'll help someone. This is frustrating.
0 Likes
userf2GKFTcv6R
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
grrrrr still looking for help. thank you all that have tried. service is bad in the house so I make calls through wifi. when it disconnects it drops the call. And once again thank all of you for trying.
0 Likes
Bellyer
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
This issue is happening to me on and my wife on our devices on Android 11. I am using a Galaxy Note 10+ and my wife is using a Galaxy S20. It is extremely annoying. I have tried forgetting the network many times and setting the devices to static IPs and turning off Google location accuracy. Even before this particular issue with the constant wifi disconnects and the inability to find wifi networks again without a restart of the device, our devices has also been slipping into a "Couldn't authenticate" network error from time to time as well. There is something majorly wrong with wifi on the latest version of Android on these devices and it is making them nearly unusable.
0 Likes
userihldLOV8TH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

same thing here.  S20 Ultra.  loses internet intermittently about 10 times a day.  Turning off google location services did nothing.  Toggling off LOCATION services as a whole fixes the problem.  that opens up another problem, with location services off i cant use google maps etc that rely on Locations services.  at the moment while at work i need my wifi to be reliable so i can actually get email.  when i need google maps and location services i will turn it on.  not a fix.  apparently this has been going on for months and is still not fixed.  Not a good look for Samsung.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Do you experience these symptoms on all Wi-Fi networks or specific networks?

How long have you been experiencing these symptoms?

Have you tried resetting your network settings? Please know this will remove all save Wi-Fi and Bluetooth networks on your device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes