cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

S20 rear panel gap

On my s20 there is a gap between the rear panel and the frame, and it can fit something as thick as a piece of paper, is it normal for all s20's or it is just me?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S20 rear panel gap

I've got the same issue with mine. It's large enough to collect dirt in it, about half a mm at the worst part.

Highlighted
Constellation

My S20 Ultra have the gap too at top left corner on the rear panel wide enough for even fingernail to go in, my S10+ also had the same gap at exactly same location on exactly same side where fingernail could be pushed in. The back glass also moves slightly at that part when pressing it hard. I guess it is intentionally designed like that as tolerance, because idk how an exactly same defect can be present at same place and side of two phones produced in two different years.. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I just saw it right now, its the same for me, I just had to clean what I think was rust, I have'nt done anything with it but I have'nt even realized it until now, you can only see it from an angle.

@Enix wrote:

My S20 Ultra have the gap too at top left corner on the rear panel wide enough for even fingernail to go in, my S10+ also had the same gap at exactly same location on exactly same side where fingernail could be pushed in. The back glass also moves slightly at that part when pressing it hard. I guess it is intentionally designed like that as tolerance, because idk how an exactly same defect can be present at same place and side of two phones produced in two different years.. 

Highlighted
Galaxy

So has anyone found out what the deal is with this? Because I have a Note 20 Ultra 512gb and I have the same thing. all the way around. I can fit paper in between the gap. On Reddit groups most ppl claim to not have this issue. So what is the right answer?
Highlighted
Galaxy

I brought mine to a repair shop and they said what I hoped/suspected. A small space uniformly around the device is there for "flex" as to make room for expansion and drops. if it was super tight it would break easier. If someone has no space it's most likely because they're at the far end of the expansion spectrum. if the gap is too big I'd still get it looked at.