JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 remotely rooted...warranty voided can't get help

(Topic created: 09-26-2021 11:50 AM)
Vic_Sage
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
My phone was remotely accessed and the os was replaced with a custom Linux distribution emulator that has rewritten every single app. It has also spread to all my other devices and taken control of them. Additionally it hijacked my home network which it then spread to every network in my neighborhood. It has stolen my Gmail account, previous Samsung accounts my banking abilities and on and on . I have lost around $100k in digital assets and hardware. I have reached out to att and Samsung and reported it many times only to receive no help....none. I'm alone in this fight and losing but I still press on because I have no other choice. How do you fight a super user enemy that watches and listens 24/7 and knows everything you do and that actively opposes you. It subverts my phone calls. I'm dying of a brain tumor and no longer receive calls from my doctors. It's a nightmare I can not escape. Please help me. Please.
5 Replies
Annalissema
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I am going through the same thing...since 2017. Now my meds, my diagnosis includes psychotic features.

My S20 suffered a lot because of it and now it's at Samsung. This is a Galaxy S12 and already, pictures in it, documents, total psy ops. I am looking for an answer here!

I am afraid I will never be able to live a peaceful life.
Vic_Sage
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm going to assume you are serious. I've recorded mountains of verifiable undeniable evidence and have just now finally gotten my isp on my side. Samsung refuses to help me but I have a solid plan in place in a coordinated effort with my internet provider. This thing took my life from me when I have previous little of it left to give so I took the fight to them and gained some ground which gave me breathing room to dissect the problem and formulate a plan. If I am right and this works I'm certain I could help you as well. I'll say this, I have been given a new purpose and I have never wanted to live more in my life.....stay in touch.
-The White Hat Guardian
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

I understand how frustrating this is. If the phone has been rooted, the original software would need to be reflashed. This can be done by any local uBreakiFix location. https://www.ubreakifix.com/samsung If you’re worried about your phone getting hacked, or if you think it may have been hacked already, there are some steps you can take to keep it safe. For example, you should only download apps using the Galaxy Store or Play Store and you shouldn’t click on malicious links in apps, texts, or emails. You can also keep your phone safe by running anti-malware apps and removing apps that are causing issues. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01209886/ 

It is also recommended that you change your account passwords. 
 The phone can also be shipped in for service. However, if the device has been rooted this does void the warranty. For service options, please reach out to us via one of the following options: 1. Facebook Messenger:  http://m.me/samsungsupport 2. Twitter:  https://twitter.com/messages/compose?recipient_id=18768513- 3. Private Message: http://bit.ly/2XERsky If the PM link is not working for you, you can click on my name and send me a private message directly from my profile. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
JayAre0
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm in complete shock that this post is still up! Vic, because I'm in the same boat as you, I stumbled upon this place because my efforts to find answers we're not gonna come from Verizon, Samsung and definitly this phones new custom/obfuscated browser despite my attempts. Eventually I took it into my own hands because my "device administrator" wouldn't speak up and now I'm stuck with a $1,500 phone that's unrootable and sadly not the same anymore. But yes, Mobile Device Management doesn't stop at the device itself, they takes over you're whole electronic/network infrastructure. At first I thought it was a hacker but my money was never touched.
Aside from some helpful apps from the play store I ended up learning and running ADB. After running different commands to the phone and it returning the outputs it did is when I realized the actual enterprise that I'm up against. Honestly, the only way out is to completely start over. New phone, cards, accounts, because changing your passwords from a friends computer ain't gonna do $#!+. Gotta replace the router too.

Here's where I'm disappointed. There's no warning before your privacy doesn't exist anymore it just happens and if you try to find help or answers your **bleep**.
Ultimately, everything always reverts back to "This is the EULA you agreed upon." Again, gotta keep it short but just wanted to say Vic that you're not going crazy, and unless you're a developer/programmer, the few core enterprises behind the scene of this remote ambush will always be 10 steps ahead.
Vic_Sage
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I decided to get a new phone and got the s21 plus. Same problem right off the bat. I'm going to have to go with plan B and use Odin and replace the malignant OS using an air gaped pc. Samsung's refusal to help is infuriating. They won't help because I told them it was rooted but every scan possible says it's not rooted and they say it voids the warranty so no help from them. Ok, new phone under warranty your own diagnostic tool says no root your move Samsung. You going to help or do I give Arbitration a call back.. I'll let you decide and if you think I got no case you may want to think long and hard about my mountain of evidence