cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

S20 replaced digitizer and battery, now the battery won't charge passed 0%

My wife dropped her phone the other day and destroyed her digitizer.  While replacing that I damaged the connection wire to the battery, so I replaced that, as well.  I put everything back together, and turned it on and it worked perfectly.  Until tonight anyways. She dropped it again, but nothing major, no exterior damage.  However, the phone turned off, and wouldn't turn back on.  Now the phone will only turn on while plugged into the charging cable, and the battery will not register a charge.  I took it all apart again, and couldn't find anything out of the ordinary with the connections.  Once I put it back together again, it still would not register a charge.  Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Constellation

Re: S20 replaced digitizer and battery, now the battery won't charge passed 0%

bring her phone in for service
Cosmic Ray

Re: S20 replaced digitizer and battery, now the battery won't charge passed 0%

Samsung authorized tech here - replacing only the digitizer on the S20 is NOT something I would have recommended. The display assembly comes laminated from the factory for a reason. That being said, it sounds like you may have an issue with one of the power management pieces, likely the NFC/wireless charging coil. Check your push connectors and spring contacts to make sure they're connecting the way they should.