cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

S20 ultra 5g 100 zoom camera blurry

as advertised the 100 zoom camera on this phone is not like what Samsung advertised its blurry when zoomed all the way out is anyone else having this issue? And does anyone know ab any patches coming out to fix this issue, I was told by Samsung to call u break i fix and he said they can't fix it we have to wait on a patch.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: S20 ultra 5g 100 zoom camera blurry

Hello!

I'd like to help you with this.

Let's start by going into camera

Selecting settings within the camera

Scroll down to where it says reset settings and select that option.

Let me know if this works if this works or not.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I've done that but still didn't help

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@Scottnbritt90 hi there! As the camera is utilizing its full optical and digital zoom to achieve the 100x zoom, the resulting image will indeed have quality issues. It's recommended to use a tripod and have plenty of daylight when using high zoom. Unfortunately pictures will never been crystal clear like in advertisements when maxed out at 100x zoom. 😥

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thats is false advertising and if thats the case me and my wife would like some kind of reimbursement.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@Scottnbritt90 I can understand how you're frustrated. It isn't really false advertising though. Did you test out the device prior to purchasing? Because the 100x is combining the 10 optical zoom with digital zoom, picture quality will degrade the more you go over the 10x optical zoom. This is true with any camera with digital zoom. 

That all being said, I love my S20 Ultra. It is truly the best phone I have had in all ways. The camera is superb and has many great ways to take amazing shots.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have talked to Samsung customer care and they said its not supposed to be blurry and referred me to u break i fix and they said they should be putting out a patch. It is false advertising when they show the camera zooming at a hot air balloon in the sky clear as day but the phone does not my s10 plus had a better camera. I sold my phone to get this one and with a 1400 price tag the camera should do what it was advertised to do.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

I know the precise video you're referring to. In fine print it states that the image is simulated and actual results will vary. You can get good shots with the 100x, but having a stable surface is key. If your pictures are extremely blurry even with a stable surface and lots of light, there truly might be something wrong with your individual camera indeed.

It wouldn't hurt to take it to uBreakiFix to take a look at it.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

There seems to be a focusing bug with the S20 Ultra right now. The only thing we can do is wait for it to be patched in the next system update.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I am also having the blurry problem once over 50/60 zoom the picture on a clear day on a flat surface focusing on a single object is blurry, very disappointed at how it was falsely advertised, small print or not based on the amount of advertising out there is seems Samsung was clearly trying to manipulate people into  buying the phone mainly for those that want the camera. I have not seen any patch as of yet! Who is going to fix my $1500 kinda waste of money at this point. As u can tell I am very frustrated and am asking that this $1500 phone performs as advertised. Please help