cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

S20 ultra Camera Auto Focus Issue. Need immediate attention

I have been using S20 ultra for about 3 months now and been to samsung family for about 15 years. After the software update the camera auto focus features has gone worse now. Can't even take simple in house pictures as it cannot auto focus correctly. Samsung need to fix this problem immediately or recall all the device for an hardware upgrade. Totally disappointed 😞

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: S20 ultra Camera Auto Focus Issue. Need immediate attention

@user4NhMj2CAKL Is it not focusing before the shot, keeps searching? Or do you mean photos appear out of focus?

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Asteroid

It is not focusing before the shot. It keeps searching for the best shot. If you take photo while auto focus is searching, it will give you blur image. Thank you!

Highlighted
Halo

@user4NhMj2CAKL- the S20 Ultra used to have a lot of auto focus issues for me. Not so much now. Its more photo quality if anything else these days.

First thing I would do is to see if you have the latest firmware update. Do you have the May 2020 update installed? Settings -> Software Update -> Download and Install should get you there.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Actually, I don't have any problem with my Galaxy S20 Ultra..

Just satisfying with my lovable S20...

Highlighted
Asteroid

@laugher, Yes I have completed the firmware upgrade and my current software version is latest from the June 1st patch released. Even then I am having auto focus issue and photo quality as well. Thanks

Highlighted
Halo

@user4NhMj2CAKLGreat. I haven't got the June update yet so unless Samsung has broken it again...

Go to your Photo settings (cogwheel when you're in camera app). Scroll down until you find "Tracking auto-focus". Make sure that's off.

If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what else it could be. Good luck!

Highlighted
Asteroid

@laugher, Thank you! For now I have disabled the auto focus option in the setting. It looks ok for now. I need to test it out to see if it make anything better with the image quality. But I think Samsung need to fix this issue asap. Disabling auto focus option on a 15k device should not be the resolution for this issue. BTW thank you again for your help and advice @laugher 👍🏻

Highlighted
Halo

@user4NhMj2CAKL- from what I can tell, that option just turns off the constant autofocus mechanism. There is still an initial autofocus function when you first frame the picture you want to take. If you move the frame, it seems to re-focus again. If you don't like what the autofocus has in focus and to focus on a particular spot, tap the spot with your finger.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

ATF1 update just pushed out right nowScreenshot_20200619-012646_Software update.jpg