JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 ultra charger got hot and burned my finger

(Topic created: 09-09-2021 08:22 AM)
userT5ptkFCtNe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I had a serious safety issue occur with my Samsung galaxy s20 ultra. The phone was charging on my bedside table in the middle of the night when it started beeping. I picked up the phone and felt that it was burning hot. It said to unplug the charger immediately. I did so and burnt my finger in the process as it was almost red hot. Had I not got the phone unplugged, I'm certain this would have caused a fire. I really don't feel safe plugging this device in again and am at a losss of what to do. Can I please have a manager contacte to discuss the serious matter? Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
3 Replies
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S20
Samsung charger?
0 Likes
Jaystarrockzz
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
I Reccomend using Samsung charger or head over to Amazon and get an anker charger. They have self turn off for charging even when the device is full of juice. This allows the phone to be safe and not over heated
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

I certainly understand how upsetting this is. I would like to have our specialized team look into this further for you. Will you please send a private message with the following? http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Full name:
Complete physical address:
Contact phone number:
Alternate phone number:
Email address:
Model Code of the phone:
IMEI number of the phone:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes