cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Highlighted
Asteroid

S20 ultra moon πŸŒ™ photos

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey samsung if you get to see this I love my s20 ultra haven't been able to test the camera that much yet because of quarantine but a lot of the people I know have huawei p30 pros and they take amazing moon photos and its because of this AI moon mode supposedly I was just wondering if you guys could look into that because if th ultra had that Ai mode it would take much better moon photos they are good but I've seen the p30 pro moon photos and somehow they look so sharp just wondering if u guys could work that out in the future or are working on that from a fellow Samsung fan I've had all the galaxy s phones

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S20 ultra moon πŸŒ™ photos

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " βœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

S20 Ultra has a 108 megapixel sensor on the ultra wide camera which is the largest out of any phone today. It has a 48 megapixel sensor on the telephoto camera. It can zoom up to 4x optically, and then 100x digitally.

Here is a video on zooming into the moon in daylight on the S20 Ultra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tERQDwZIWh0

And here is one at night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1ADWQR6_8Y

Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra tested! 100X SPACE ZOOM - Can it capture the MOON? Let me find out! #s20ultra #s20ultrazoom #galaxys20 Original Photos for Your Revi...
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 100X Camera Zoom Test Rumor. Who thought we could shoot the moon with your mobile phone? take a look at the video, using Samsung Gal...
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " βœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So Samsung, whats the solution for this? the camera is crappy, even my S8+ takes better pictures

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Second , night video is fake ! There is one original from Ultra https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20-S20-S20-Ultra/Moon-shots/td-p/1658979
Actualy very disapointed , so expensive ... flagman nahhh chainice brands takin over !

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Alexr28 wrote:

Hey samsung if you get to see this I love my s20 ultra haven't been able to test the camera that much yet because of quarantine but a lot of the people I know have huawei p30 pros and they take amazing moon photos and its because of this AI moon mode supposedly I was just wondering if you guys could look into that because if th ultra had that Ai mode it would take much better moon photos they are good but I've seen the p30 pro moon photos and somehow they look so sharp just wondering if u guys could work that out in the future or are working on that from a fellow Samsung fan I've had all the galaxy s phones

I believe they may be according to a tweet bu Max Wineback from XDA

https://twitter.com/MaxWinebach/status/1247948607577300994?s=19

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The camera is a very good camera the only problem is that it needs software tuning because they stopped using Sony's camera sensors and are now using their own sensors i discovered that when u go to take a moon photo it looks good in the viewfinder but the image processing makes the image look bad thats all that it is u can lots of detail in the moon while looking at the viewfinder but after you take the photo image processing messes the photo up

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Zooming isn't the issue for me, it's trying to capture the moon using Night Mode for a crisp photo, and getting that reflection on the water, when I take that shot as well.

Is there a different mode I need to use?