cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

S20 ultra not receiving MMS

I upgraded to S20 ultra and MMS messages don't come through from anyone. System setting to choose Optus MMS has no button next to it in  access point settings. Only choice is Optus Bus Broadband and Optus Yes Internet. Tried manually adding it with no luck. Optus said it's the phone and they can't help!! Wondering if anyone else had the same issue and sorted it?

30 REPLIES 30
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S20 ultra not receiving MMS

I do i have the same problem

Highlighted
Astronaut

Yes I have the same problem how do you fix it

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm not receiving texts at all either. I can send, just can't receive. Been waiting 24 hours now from VZW escalated support.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

@MICKMAC wrote:

I upgraded to S20 ultra and MMS messages don't come through from anyone. System setting to choose Optus MMS has no button next to it in  access point settings. Only choice is Optus Bus Broadband and Optus Yes Internet. Tried manually adding it with no luck. Optus said it's the phone and they can't help!! Wondering if anyone else had the same issue and sorted it?

I have a Unlocked S20+ on the Verizon network, and everyting works just fine, MMS, Mobile Hopt spot, HD calling, and WI Fi calling just installed my Verizon Sim.

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm having like a 40 percent success rate downloading mms. On AT&T. have tried everything

Highlighted
Constellation

I am having the same issue. I just got the Samsung galaxy s20 ultra and I am not receiving  texts or notifications. I am able to everything  else just fine.  I am really upset that a phone this expensive is having such a BASIC problem and haven't heard of them working on a solution yet...

Highlighted
Astronaut

I was having a similar issue with my day old S20. On the 2nd day I took a trip outside of my Hometown to a larger, major city and found that my  S20 phone works flawlessly there.As I was Headed back home my phone started to act up again - I could send text but I would not get replies. I   Started to think that maybe the problem was that my Hometown did not have enough 5G towers, so I looked at the phone settings and found that the mobile network settings were set to automatic mode, which includes 5G. So, I change the network settings from automatic to 4G and my problem seems to have subsided. Maybe that'll fix you too.

Highlighted
Constellation

This worked on mine. Cmon Samsung! It's a $1500 phone. Coulda gotten any other phone and texting would work.

Highlighted
Galaxy

Try installing carrier services