cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Re: S20 ultra not receiving MMS

My phone had the option to add an APN in the top right corner. Does yours not? If it does, build your apn to match hers and save it and use it. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I am in the US 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Having same problem.  

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Have you tried resetting your network settings?just remember that this will erase any Bluetooth or Wi-Fi settings. If the problem persists, try replacing the SIM card

Highlighted
Constellation

I have tried almost every texting app available with the same results. Here is what I have done and some of them multiple times to try and fix the problem.

Reset network setting

Remove and reinstall sim

Soft reset

Re-activation from carrier

Tried a brand new Sim card

Reset network settings again

Soft reset again

Downloaded Carrier Services

Tried 3 or 4 different texting apps

Hard reset, wiped everything and started over

Banged head into wall

I am currently waiting on a call back from a Tier 3 tech from Verizon. Fingers are crossed

Highlighted
Astronaut

I realized the issue was the 5G for me. I turned it off and swithed back to LTE in mobile networks under settings, and my MMS began to pop up instantly. 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@MICKMAC That's odd may I ask who's your carrier? and is the APN settings correctly configured? MMS usually related to APN settings. Were you using iPhones prior to use S20?

Highlighted
Astronaut

For me I realized the issue was the 5G for me. I turned it off and swithed back to LTE in mobile networks under settings, and my MMS began to pop up instantly. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Was there any more progress made?

I just got a S20 today unlocked by samsung, hooked up to sprint, everything works perfectly except I can't recieve SMS. I tried switching 5G off and going only LTE, didn't matter, tried 3 different messenger apps, didn't matter. 

Help needed

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm having the same issue. I have a theory about it that I'll be able to confirm when I get home. If I manually input a 4G Lte AT&T APN into my network settings I can get LTE data.  If I switch over to the 5G APN I can no longer get data or MMS. When I upgraded my phone I used the SIM card out of my Galaxy S9, which is not 5G capable. AT&T recently switched on 5G in my area. Once my phone updated its PRL I lost data. According to Samsung FAQ 5G data requires a SIM card capable of 5G, so I had AT&T send me a new SIM card. When I get home from work I'll swap it out and see if that works.