Original topic:

S20FE easy to crack screen

(Topic created on: 11/24/20 6:50 AM)
userPKLE5PbLJM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Worst phone ever!!! There are no hard phone covers for this phone on Samsung/Amazon or even otterbox.

It's CHEAPLY made. My phone screen shattered on the 6 day i had it. I've called Samsung care+ they sent me to two different UBreakIFix locations Neither have the materials to fix it yet.

Samsung is now giving me the run around on returning it even though they can't fix it. This is my 4th Samsung phone. This experience has been SO HORRIBLE.

Has anyone else had issues with fixing their s20 fe? Or even luck finding a hard case that works for it?

0 Likes
4 Replies
morgenman
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20
I use a hard one from etsy from a seller called what agenda.
AFAIK: hard+soft case>soft case>hard case>no case (as anything that deforms absorbs energy from falling, think about car crumple zones).
The s20FE does have an older version of gorilla glass (3 vs 5), but it should not be that delicate. Either way, you should always have a tempered glass screen protector on your phone.
userzbaLDNARK4
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Went through the same problem today  after a week of ownership, I dropped this phone on a vinyl plank floor from a distance of 4 ft, cracking the screen. I was fortunate enough that our local quick fix had one in stock and I was back to new in an hour. Also got a Caseology Parallax case for the phone today that I had purchased from Ebay for around 15 dollars. Hopefully the end of my problems

userPKLE5PbLJM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank You so much for sharing this! I'm going to go search for the case you mentioned.  

0 Likes
usermA4Qxw1fXg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

No, our s20 got a crack on the screen also, had it for 8 months, they wanted us to go to more than one place also.  Was told it was physical damage so not covered under warranty and will lose samsung warranty once it is fixed, would cost $300 to fix it also.  On all the phones that we have owned, never had a cracked screen issue.  I do not agree with Samsung that this is physical damage.  A phone should hold up to everyday use. The screen was made poorly and they should own up to that. 

0 Likes