cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

S20U 512 (Verizon) Samsung cancelled the order

I've preordered S20 Ultra 512 Verizon on Feb 21st. Obviously it's backordered. Verizon charged me first payment on March 6th because that was the date Samsung sent to them in the phone purchase contract. Verizon is stressing that no activation has been done it's purely payment for the phone itself and they'll refund me if Samsung doesn't deliver.

This morning I've received notification from Samsung that my order was cancelled. I've chatted with and called Samsung support.
Chat: Samsung support said it was because my carrier activated contract and there's nothing they can do. Suggested to cancel the verizon contract and re-order the phone.  Gave me a ticket# to provide to Samsung support after new order placed and they'll fix all the S20 pre-order promos.
Phone Call: Samsung support said it's a known issue with carrier contracts coming back as activated and they are working on it. I should get response in 24-48 hours.

I've posted this on r/samsung and 2 more people replied with the same issues. Has this happened to anyone else? Thoughts? Advises? Prayers? It's already been 4 days since I was supposed to get the phone and I'm worried that after waiting 24-48 hours I won't hear back from Samsung and lose even more time for nothing.

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: S20U 512 (Verizon) Samsung cancelled the order

Thinking about it. I've got S8+ and it starting to show it's age performance and battery wise Smiley Sad That's why I was eager to update.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I also feel your pain. My order was cancelled as well this morning. same phone same carrier and basically same accesories. Samsung is investigating this issue now. They blame Verizon for cancelling the order. I also see where Verizon is also charging me for a new device payment plan which is for the s20 ultra 512gb. on my verizon app it shows my Note 10 still and not the s20. I don't know, i may keep the cancelation and maybe just wait for the note 20 later this year.

Highlighted
Asteroid

As you can see ATT people are in the same boat. So idk what to tell you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

If you do - don't forget to cancel Verizon new phone payment plan Smiley Happy Yeah exactly the same situation Verizon rep was confused since no new phone activation fee was charged to my account and obviously no new phone was activated.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I had the same happen, I was already emailing with support about the delayed shipment, but this sent me through the roof.  I just filed a report with the Better Business Bureau asking for the phone by the end of the week or the $300 promotional credits ($150 from Samsung, $150 for the increased trade in value now lost) back in cash so I can go somewhere else.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Let us know if you get resolution

Highlighted
Asteroid

Will do.  I had been emailing with the Office of the President who had just assured me the phone was packaged and about to ship, then the cancellation email the next morning.  He only sends me one email a day, late in the day, so it's excruciatingly slow to communicate with that office.  I am hoping BBB can expedite this.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I think you posted on my reddit thread as well. Smiley Happy Unfortunately mods took that one down when I posted a link to a massive post here about the same issue.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yup, that was me.  I wondered where that thread went.  So I had progress today.  

The rep claimed it was an issue with Verizon financing that cancelled the order (and everyone else's), which "wasn't approved", which I said was odd, as I had a device payment agreement already in place in "my documents" in my Verizon account, but who knows what happened there.. (wasn't approved for whom? and by whom?) the order was cancelled so I wanted to move on.  (The short verison is that Verizon wasn't promising to pay Samsung for the phone)

The phone I originally ordered (512GB S20+) was still in stock so per instructions I placed a new order for the same phone, the trade-in for my S9+ was still at $300 and I paid in full so there wouldn't be finincing issues.  Right after the order was placed, he sent me a $150 code so I could then order the free Buds+, which I did right away.

He said he'll try to get these out quickly, but can't make promises considering the health issue going on in the world right now.  When ordered, it showed a shipping date of March 13 and arrival by March 17.  I'm hoping he can move that up a bit.  He also sent a $50 code for my inconvenience.

I told him once I have the phone and the buds+, I'll let the BBB know the issue is resolved to my satisfaction.

Now back to square one: waiting for the item to ship...