cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

S3 Frontier not pairing with S20+

So i just switched to a S20+ about a month ago. I moved everything from my S9+ over to the new phone, no problem, including the S3. Last few days it was pairing, then unpairing itself on occasion, as well as the alarm on the watch was going off on random times, not even the times I had set on my phone. I decided to try resetting and re-pairing. 

I reset the watch in the settings (which I'mnow thinking was a mistake), and uninstalled Galaxy Wearables. I loaded the app back on, turned the watch on and now I can't get them to pair. It begins the process, but by the 5th dot, it hangs. Just for giggles, I left it sitting for an hour the other day to see if it was just slow, but nope - still in the Finish Pairing mode. 

I have searched high and low for fixes, suggestions, etc, and found nothing. I tried clearing the caches, data, etc, and still nothing. 

Does ANYONE have any suggestions, or a FIX even?
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S3 Frontier not pairing with S20+

Have you tried resetting the network settings? Just a heads up, by resetting the network settings, it will remove all wi-fi and Bluetooth settings you currently have saved.

Just to clarify, have you tried wiping the cache partition on your Galaxy S20+?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

where exactly do I reset my network settings? And yes, I have tried wiping the cache on the S20+ Wearables app. Should I wipe it anywhere else?
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You can use this link for steps on resetting the Network settings. https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-229404/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Thanks for posting that. Did that, and still having the same issues. On top of this, my apps are no longer able to download the updates in the Google App Store, either automatically or manually.

Nothing seems to be working on this phone that is less than a month old. 😔
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for reaching out. I would recommend reaching out to our customer service team directly at 1-800-726-7864, so they can remote into your device and see the symptoms you are experiencing. Another option would be to take your device to your local UbreakIfix so they can run diagnostics on your device and get a hands on look at the symptoms you are experiencing.