cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

SAMSUNG WIDGET

Any of you ever try to make your own widget? I'm trying to make a Samsung Browser widget the same way the google or bing widget works with a widget maker, but I am having difficulties. Any of you ever attempt this or have ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Nebula

Re: SAMSUNG WIDGET

Have made plenty over the years. What issues are you having? I also recommend heading over to XDA Developers and a quick crash course through the Google Developers section. Understanding how something works from top to bottom will really help in developing your own. Fair Warning. Development if any scale is Highly Addictive!! Dont be surprised if you are publishing your own by this time next year
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: SAMSUNG WIDGET

I'm just having difficulty having the widget to open a new tab every time I open it. As far as I could tell it's a Samsung Internet problem. I am trying to use Bixby Routines to open a new tab and keyboard but it is not very responsive. I am using the KWGT app to create the widget, but honestly that is me just being lazy. I am somewhat familiar with App Development using Java, XML, and Some Kotlin. I'm a little unfamiliar with the XDA platform. It honestly never occured to me to to make the widget from the bottom.
Highlighted
Nebula

Re: SAMSUNG WIDGET

All of the SDK and other Software to build it yourself is located in the Google Development department Googledev and is All Free. As far as XDA goes they are a Great Community whether a Noob or Pro and offer a large database to support building of any kind. If you can understand Linux then you will have no problem. Those apps that you download limit you to the knowledge and ability of the creators. While some may be great to accomplish small things like say changing your app themes or live wallpapers etc. Larger things might not be suitable to build inside their sandbox because it wasn't their particular interest therefore their key target audience. You could very well be doing things correctly it's just the platform you are choosing to build from is faulted. Like a house foundation and Tools it all makes a Difference to the end goal. Spend a little time and once you are able to do it from the ground up if anything you have a skill set (a trade) that none can take away from you. Might even be something profitable which is never a bad thing