Original topic:

SD card and short videos?

(Topic created: 07-26-2021 07:12 AM)
userF4XZTEm3hy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I put in a micro SD card for more pictures and videos to be stored on. The phone is telling me I only have less than 3 minutes of recording but my SD card has 32 GB of space available. Fix this.
8 Replies
TheGalaxy
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20
The minutes of what resolution?
0 Likes
userF4XZTEm3hy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Doesn't matter when the device does not store them to the proper location. It automatically keeps storing to internal storage. 1080 or 8k, should not matter when there is plenty of space on the SD versus internal.
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20
Open camera app
Go to settings and change storage location
0 Likes
userF4XZTEm3hy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
That is also a major fail when it still gives a pop-up window stating, storing into internal storage.
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20
Test the write permission to the sd card
0 Likes
userF4XZTEm3hy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
After "Remote" support, it's a design flaw of the device. Not all apps can transfer or store to proper locations. Just as the device doesn't allow me to clear out 30gb of "other" storage or several of the other apps that are not of use to me.
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20
I suggest
Open my files app and go through every folder and delete anything that is extra.
Also empty the trash folder
0 Likes
userF4XZTEm3hy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Done and still storage space is used and I can't clear more out. Guess it's just a design flaw for Samsung.

IF you want anything to be saved and good quality, use a camera app from the store. The device camera fails to save to the proper location.
0 Likes