Original topic:

SM-N986U/DS > DEX 0n Viewsonic monitor. How to config for single mouse clicks ?

(Topic created: 07-31-2021 06:21 AM)
AllanGH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Have a T-Mo Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G that has a cracked screen, and am using the handset with a Viewsonic VS18170 portable monitor, a Logitech K480 BT keyboard, and a Logitech Ergo M575 BT trackball.

Thing is that I use only Linux for all my PC/Server needs, and I am long accustomed to single-clicking in KDE, instead of the windows "DOUBLE-CLICK" ritual. It's a small thing, but it is seriously drioving me crazy while using DEX.

I cannot find a DEX-related setting to switch to single-click to select, or execute a binary; and there appears to be no facility to select single-click in any of the other phone settings.

This is seriously throwing me way-off on my current work-flow on the phone, and is just a bit irritating, seeing as Android is kissing cousins with Linux, and logically, should have kept this simple feature--just so I can remain consistent in my work environments.

So.....am I overlooking a heretofore "hidden" setting pane and, or do Ihave to root the instrument to access the filesystem configs to get what I want......and, if not, what do I need to bribe the coders with, to return this feature to the codebase?
0 Likes
3 Replies
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S20
Where do you have to double click? Is it when running apps? Or selecting?
0 Likes
AllanGH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
As with my comment, and in filesystem browsing.
0 Likes
AllanGH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Within the DEX simulated DTE, where running apps is accomplished with the use of the trackball.

I.E., in the "desktop view", I have:
My Files
Internet
Gallery
Settings
Google
Play Store
As an icon line-up.
To execute any of those, I'll click on one of them and, after a long pause, I'll roll my eyes and remember that I am in the land of double-clicks.

I believe that it crops-up in other areas that Ican't specifically recall ATM, but it's really not necessary, given that the original codebase likely included the ability to specify single- or double-clicks for selection/execution, and the coding teams probably assumed that "everybody uses windows", which I have never used--ever, so my use instincts and sense of convenience lies contrary to that of others.
0 Likes