JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Care+ vs Manufacturing Defect vs Assurian

(Topic created: 11-19-2020 08:39 AM)
userMDazSMJjzk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G from Tmobile. I received it on November 3rd.

I hate this phone. Hate it. It's boxy and doesn't feel comfortable to hold. I had a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and I LOOVVVEEED it. So much so that I have Samsung Galaxy Buds, Samsung Galaxy Fit2, Samsung Washer and Dryer, Samsung TVs and all 5 people on my Tmobile plan have Samsung. I have never had a bad experiance until now.

I can not get the Samsung S20 FE to recognize my fingers when I touch it and the glass just shattered on the 16th. I have  Samsung Care+ . When I contacted them they sent me to Assurian. I spent nearly  4 hours with them trying to get my glass repaired for the $29 under Samsung Care+. Personally I think it's a manufacturing defect. You shouldn't be able to break glass by trying to scroll!

They said they don't have anyone that can repair the glass. They want me to pay the $100 deductible and get a new phone! I already hate this phone before I got here - I want to try the S20 note or S20+ but instead of getting help from Samsung Care+ I get pushed to Assurian. I don't want to put $100 into a phone I already hate. 

I have no idea what to do. I can't use this phone because it doesn't recognize when I'm touching it at least 50% of the time. I called my local Samsung Care+ to try and get it there and they have the glass!!! They just can't test a galaxy S20 FE because Samsung hasn't authorized it yet. 

Please help me! I have an autoimmune disorder (Lupus) and I'm stuck at home for the forseeable future without a phone and Samsung Care+ has left me out in the cold

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
StephanieNikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20

Regretfully the Samsung limited warranty does not cover physical damages like the cracked screen, due to this it limits your available options. If you have insurance through your Carrier, you may have different options through them. Samsung Care+ is the only Samsung warranty program that currently covers damages to the screen. It is recommended to continue speaking with the Care+ team regarding your possible options, I apologize for the inconveniences caused. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
StephanieNikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20

Regretfully the Samsung limited warranty does not cover physical damages like the cracked screen, due to this it limits your available options. If you have insurance through your Carrier, you may have different options through them. Samsung Care+ is the only Samsung warranty program that currently covers damages to the screen. It is recommended to continue speaking with the Care+ team regarding your possible options, I apologize for the inconveniences caused. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes