Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy A02s

(Topic created: 09-10-2021 10:17 AM)
wvgirl63
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Why when I have blocked someone from calling or texting me, they are still able to leave voicemail messages? 
4 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@wvgirl63 

When someone calls you, the call gets to the carrier and is routed to your phone. If you block the number on your phone, the phone ignores the carrier telling it that there is a call. The carrier says, the phone must be out of coverage or for some reason can't answer the call. The voice mail system lives at the carrier. Since the phone didn't answer the call, the carrier sends the call to voicemail. 

So, if you don't want the call to end up on voicemail you need to have the carrier block the number. 

sailorsam
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
how does one accomplish this?
AnonymousCoward
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20
I dunno, some things I'd rather hear directly from someone instead of via the county health department, whether I had blocked the person or not
0 Likes
wvgirl63
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Well day 4 of waiting on my carrier to notify me that this has been taken care of. Supposedly a case was opened and submitted to the tech depot after being on the phone with the tech dept for over an hour 🤷 Luckily my voicemailbox is now full and he is unable to leave anymore voicemails. He just shows up at my door 🙄. Have a nice day
0 Likes